Back in the day, you experimented with marijuana, maybe just in college or throughout your twenties. But then you had to start adulting and put the herb aside in order to focus on a demanding career or family responsibilities.
Now, it’s been a while since you last dabbled, and it seems new and scary. With so many choices, new products, and super-high THC levels, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed, even nostalgic for a simpler time, where the only choices in cannabis were either “take it or leave it.”
Never fear! Here are a few simple tips for people returning to cannabis or trying it for the first time to help decide what type of experience is right for them.
1. Stay away from the Flower – Smoking anything isn’t great for your lungs, cannabis smoke contains irritants and potentially can cause cancer. Find a smoke-free option to enjoy a long-lasting, deeply enjoyable high.
2. Seek Out Sublinguals – While cannabis-infused foods are smokeless, the process of digesting the THC takes hours and is potentially unpredictable. Look for sub-lingual that take effect within minutes. Proper use of this under the tongue aids in super-efficient absorption.
3. Read Labels – Make sure the products you’re considering clearly state the THC content in milligrams along with serving size and advice on how much to eat. Packaging should include allergy warnings, nutritional information and consumption advice.
4. Start with a Low Dose – Today’s super-strong cannabis can be intense if you haven’t used in years! Try micro-dosed options of just 5 – 10 milligrams of THC – these are perfect for beginners.
5. Choose Healthy – Looking for something suitable for diabetics? Seeking a smokeless option that doesn’t add any extra calories? There are more choices than ever before when it comes to cannabis, so look for something that supports your overall health.
6. Be Discreet – Do you have grandkids running around the house? If so, choose a cannabis product that’s not attractive to children, since no one wants to explain how little Jimmy got into Grandpa’s “special gummy bears”. Choosing capsules, tinctures or sublingual strips will dissuade kids from getting into your secret stash.
7. Clear Your Calendar – Allow yourself a “staycation” by blocking out at least six hours to fully experience your high. Get immersed in the high and consider it an opportunity for self-care and rejuvenation that will make you feel years younger.
8. Don’t Mix with Alcohol – Think of cannabis as a substitute for alcohol, and abstain from using both substances together, especially while you’re re-introducing yourself to cannabis. You’ll find it’s nice to have choices for mind-altering experiences that don’t negatively affect your health like one too many drinks.
9. Get Comfortable – Being at home for your first experience is usually best, so try your product with a few close friends or your family members for support and community.
10. Take Notes – Keep track of what time you started, how many milligrams of THC you used (start with just 5 mg), and how soon you began to feel effects and when those effects fully faded away. Then you can decide whether to try more or less THC next time!
Best pick for first-time users: OLO Chill – use it to enhance watching a funny movie, and you’ll be feeling effects within the first 10 – 15 minutes.
OLO is precisely dosed, so you feel the same effects every time.
OLO contains very few calories and is suitable for those who are vegan and gluten-free.
OLO is portable and easy to conceal, and it in no way resembles candy!
If you’re a dispensary interested in carrying OLO, contact us here.